STINGA Protocol Analyzer
STINGA Protocol AnalyzerUtel Network Monitoring & Capturing Simulator/Emulator/Generator
STINGA Protocol Analyzer is a stand-alone real-time protocol analyzer – a complete system of software and hardware to monitor network traffic over mobile, IP and TDM interfaces.
Telecommunication networks are becoming more complex, new services are introduced continuously, the amount of traffic increases dramatically and the demands on quality just gets higher and higher. In a competitive market, monitoring network signals, network protocols and network behaviour is more important than ever. For network operators and service providers, STINGA Protocol Analyzer is a essential tool in ensuring Quality of Services (QoS) and good user experience.
Gain better control
STINGA Protocol Analyzer helps network operators and service providers to meet new challenges. Monitoring networks with STINGA Protocol Analyzer give network operators and service providers a true assessment of network signals and performance. These detailed network data are useful in terms of becoming more proactive, gain better control over own networks, and ensuring the network is delivering on its premises. The monitored data can work as a basis for network planning, analysis of customer experience, protocol analysis, and network surveillance etc.
To ensure our customers are up-to-date, all STINGA products are adapted to new technological changes. New protocols and versions are added continuously. Other protocols and national protocol variants are implemented on customer request. Expert support and product demonstrations are offered online.
- Resolve your network issues before anyone notice
- Better control of own networks
- Efficient monitoring tool
- Easier to discover protocol irregularities
- Improves Quality of Service
- Fraud detection
- Billing and accuracy verifications
It is possible to monitor multiple TDM or Ethernet interfaces with a notebook or desktop computer. Up to eight TDM timeslots can be monitored simultaneously for each line interface.
Real-Time Protocol Decoding
Comprehensive real-time decoding of all supported protocols is provided. Customer configured one-line decoding, detailed decoding and hex information are displayed. Physical link status is displayed with indicators in the status bar and layer 1 alarms are printed in the one-line decoding window.
It is also possible to present captured messages in a Call Trace view to group messages related to the same connection. In this Call Trace view, XDRs are generated on the basis of the captured messages. These XDRs can be saved to file for later XDR Statistics Report generation, or exported to Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
It is possible to listen to a specific user channel (TDM only). Audio, voice and DTMF tones are played through the PC speakers.
Different filter mechanisms are support; Protocol filters, link filters, call trace filers and advanced filters.
Statistics reports can be generated on the monitored signaling sequences and used for Network Performance Analytics.
XDR Search and Filtering
An advanced search and filtering engine is combined with the XDR Reporting feature. This feature makes it possible to create a filter specification where a number of filters based on a field, an operation and a value are combined with logical AND/OR operations. These filters are easily generated by selecting fields and operations from drop-down lists. Advanced users may write filters directly in an filter expression field.
Decode Hex Messages
With the Decode Hex Messages feature, it is possible to import protocol information on hex format from any source to get it detailed decoded – for example hex messages captured by some 3rd-party solutions.
It is possible to search for information in all captured messages.
Point Code Editor
A Point Code Editor is included to let the user add descriptions to point codes. Descriptions for a large amount of international point codes are included – descriptions for national point codes must be added by the user. Both hex and ITU formats are supported. It is possible to specify point codes for ITU, ANSI, TTC and Chinese ITU.
- E1/T1/J1 line interfaces:
- Low Speed Links (LSL)
- High Speedd Links (HSL)
- E1/T1/J1 alarm signals and link status:
- Loss of Frame Alignment
- Loss of Signalling Multiframe Alignment
- Loss of CRC Multiframe Alignment (red alarm)
- Remote Alarm and Remote Multiframe Alarm (yellow alarm)
- Alarm Indication Signal (AIS) (yellow alarm)
- X2-C: X2-AP
- S1-C, S1-MME: S1-AP
- S3, S4, S5, S8, S10, S11, S12: GTP
- S6a, S6d, S13, Gx, Gxa, Gxc, Gy: DIAMETER
- SGs: SGsAP
- SLs: S1AP, LCS-AP, NAS, LPP/LPPa
- Nb: BICC
- Iub: NBAP
- Iur: RNSAP
- IuCS, IuPS: RANAP
- C, D, E, F, Gc, Gd, Gf, Gr, Lg, Lh, MM5, Si, Wx: MAP
- Ga, Gn, Gp: GTP
- Gb over TDM: Frame Relay, NS, BSSGP, LLC, SNDCP, TOM, GMM/SM/SMS, IP and PPP
- Gb over IP
- Ge: TCAP
- Gi, Mb: DIAMETER, RADIUS
- Gs: BSSAP+
- GPRS Mobility Messages
- GPRS Session Management Messages
- Abis: LAPD, BTSM, MM, CC, RR, SMS
- A: BSSAP, BSSMAP, DTAP, MM, RR, CC, SMS
- Iuh: RUA, RANAP, HNBAP
- MTP (ITU, ANSI, Japan TTC, Chinese ITU)
- ISUP (ITU, ANSI, UK, SPIROU, Japan TTC)
- BICC (ITU, UK)
- TUP (ITU, Chinese ITU)
- IUP (British Telecom TUP)
- SSUTR2 (French TUP)
- SCCP (ITU, ANSI, Japan TTC, Chinese ITU)
- TCAP (ITU, ANSI)
- Core INAP
- INAP CS1
- INAP CS2
- Siemens INAP: SINAP5 and SINAP7
- Ericsson INAP CS1+
- Alcatel INAP CS1+
- British Telecom INAP CS1+
- Ericsson Light Weight INAP
- Supplementary Services
- SIGTRAN: SCTP, M2PA, M2UA, M3UA, SUA, IUA, DUA, V5UA
- SIP, SIP-T, SIP-I (ITU ISUP, ANSI ISUP, UK ISUP, BICC), SDP
- H.225.0 (Q.931, RAS)
- MGCP, Megaco/H.248
- MLPP, eMLPP
- ISDN PRI, Q.SIG, DPNSS/DASS2:
- DSS1 layer 2 (Q.921/I.441)
- Euro-ISDN layer 2, LAPD, LAPDE, LAPB, LAPBE
- DSS1 layer 3 (Q.931/I.451)
- Euro-ISDN layer 3
- North American National ISDN-2 (NI-2)
- Layer 6 and 7, ASN.1
- Supplementary Services
- V5.1, V5.2:
- V5-Protection (Pr)
- V5-Link Control (LinkC)
- V5-Common Control (CC)
- V5-Bearer Channel Connection (BCC)
- V5-Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
- ISDN BRI
- ISDN PRI
Support for new protocols and protocol versions are added continuously, so please contact Utel Systems if you don’t find the protocols of interest. Other protocols and national protocol variants are also implemented on customer requests.
Datasheet & Literatures:
- Protocol Analysis brochure (to be available soon)